Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Another post about second year..

I'm not sure how many times I can put '2nd year', 'Journalism year 2' or any other 2nd year Journalistic title without annoying myself, but SECOND YEAR IS GOING SO WELL and I want to blog about it. Again.

Two weeks in and I have already been briefed about the assignments to come, the lectures that student should not dare to miss and had a mad panic that my ten minute individual presentation is at the end of this month. Standard really.

Although I would like to say that my hardworking hat is firmly on and working, I have been having too much fun drinking. whoops. I need to sort myself out and actually get down to working hard. Initially, what this whole £30,000 debt is all about. Certainly not about £1.50 drinks Wednesdays and Monday Mayhems at Squires.

I have got more organised though (is this even possible?!) and I bought myself an academic diary to write down all the work I need to do outside of the lecture halls. Of which, there is enough. And yet, here I sit, writing a pointless blog post about how stupidly well second year is going.

On another note, I have actually stuck to what i said I was going to do and that is to try new things. - I signed up to do french classes on Monday, I have become Deputy News editor at the Universitys publication AND started to watch 'Breaking Bad'. (This is not including the Sambuca shots that I so daringly decided to try)

It seems to me that Uni life is what you make it and I am definitely trying to enjoy it. I say try like It's a hard thing, I bloody love it!! I have no idea what I will do when I graduate and actually have to stick a 9-5 job Monday to Friday.

It's a good job that that is 2 years away otherwise I might start going into mild panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment