Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

Mountain of work but still find time for a beer.

Despite it only being week 5 of year 2, it feels like week 15. My work load has come thick and fast all at once, and I don't quite know what to do with myself. Online shopping has been my distraction, and although I should feel guilty, I don't. I still have enough student loan left (somehow!) to be buying new clothes, so it would be rude not to.

Sitting here on this dull, October Monday afternoon, life doesn't seem too bad. I have a ridiculous 5 hour gap from 11 until 4pm until my next lecture, so I'm making the most of it. I have tidied up, changed my bedding (yes, students do change their bedding!) and ploughed through some of my work. Today is a good day.

Despite the fact that I still have a little bit of work to get through today, I am off out tonight. It's Monday, and Monday madness at Squires can't be ignored. Tonight is geek night and It's fancy dress. Could there be any more reason for me to go out? I think not. This now means I have to do a mad scramble around my room for something that resembles a geeks outfit.

Away from fancy dress parties and a mountain of work, I am fast moving through 'Breaking Bad'. I feel like I should personally apologise to those who told me to watch Breaking Bad and I laughed in their face. If you haven't started to watch it, I suggest you do. Look at me! Recommending a show about a science teacher turn meth dealer!! Madness, I hear you cry. Genius, I say.

Back to classroom academia, as students, we are asked to find out what we like writing about and where our writing strengths lie. This worries me slightly, as I don't like review writing or features. The only thing I'm good at writing are hard/soft news stories in the pyramid style and writing to this blog.

But what would I class this style of writing as?

My point exactly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment