Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

Year 2 - Journalistic livin'

So, today is the official start of year 2. The first week if freshers is over, and although this week is still freshers week, I think I will be going out less.

Freshers week was brilliant. It was everything I wanted it to be, and I had the best week ever. I spent it with my closest friends and made a couple of new friends along the way. So second year is already off to a great start. This year, I am trying to be more motivated. This morning I forced myself out of bed at 9:30 and to the gym. I was especially pleased with myself as my first lecture isn't until 4pm today. I could have stayed in bed, but I felt so good for going to the gym. I would love to be able to go every day of the week, but this is me we are talking about. I can just about manage 2-3 times a week.

I'm really looking forward to lectures starting actually. I didn't think I would do, but I am excited to see some people who I haven't seen since first year ended in May. I am also looking forward getting back to doing Journalism and what I love best - writing. There were times this summer when I thought that I wouldn't be able to last with the work load, but we'll see.

One of the things I am trying to do this year, is do more and be more involved. And most importantly, have no regrets. I didn't have that many regrets from first year, but there are certain things that I wish I did. So, this year, I am going to try and have as few regrets as possible. So far, so good actually. I stuck to this in freshers week, so let's hope that this continues.

I got too philosophical in this post, I can tell. It doesn't suit me.

Someone get me a cuppa and a biscuit? (actually, make that a vodka, I'm a STUDENT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment