Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Hello, 2nd year!

September has finally arrived and I can't tell you how excited and happy I am to be back at uni. I moved back to Preston just over a week ago and I've already been having so much fun. And this is BEFORE freshers has begun!

This year, we are getting a new flatmate which is really exciting. Although he hasn't moved in yet, which is making us all nervous. Is he a first year? Is he a second year? He has to move in sometime this week because next week its freshers, and to miss freshers would be rubbish and boring. Freshers is ace.

I am so pleased to have moved out. I know that sounds bad, but my mum knows I love her really! I just like being independent and not having anyone telling me what to do. (I say that in the least precocious way possible, I just like the fact that there is no one to nag me!)

Our new home (student halls) are not quite as nice as last year, much to our dismay, but we have made it home. It's still on the same street as where we lived last year, which means I can still go and stock up on sensible things and other student essentials - alcohol - from Nisa. The view from my bedroom window is shocking compared to last year. This year, I am greeted with a factory. A far cry from my scenic view of last year. 

Away from uni, boring bedrooms and cheap alcohol, I have recently started drinking diet coke. I hate diet coke and I mean hate it. I decided that I wanted to be more careful with what I drink and eat this year and swapping my beloved calorie brimming full fat coke to 1 calorie boring diet coke was the start. It's been going well so far and I've not had full fat coke in a while. Except on days when I really need a sugary drink to get the day going.

Lectures start in exactly 2 weeks time but before that, freshers week will be upon us. I am far too excited and I'm already planning outfits for the crazy wild nights that are to come.

Expect another post in a few weeks, I imagine I'll be bed ridden with a hangover for most of next week.

I AM SO EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment