Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 - a reflection.

I feel like it's only me who actually enjoyed 2013. My facebook and twitter feeds are filled with 'good riddance to 2013's and 'can't wait for 2014, hated 2013's. I made so many memories with so many people this year and I achieved a lot. I had loads of new experiences and honestly, i'm actually quite sad to see it go.

Academically, I managed to pass my first year at uni, pass the 100wam NCTJ shorthand exam (something I never thought I'd do) and actually feel like a career in Journalism is the right way for me to go. It took a while, thinking that I could do it, and discovering that actually, I'm good at some parts of it too.

I've made so many new friends this year at uni, and I have so many memories with them that I'll never forget. There has been many great times - boys, dating, amazing nights out in Warwick and Preston, London, work experience at a real newspaper, becoming more confident.. I could go on forever! But also some downs - unnecessary arguments and fallings out, not being selfish enough and hurting myself instead! However, 2013 has also been a time for learning: life lessons like how to cook food other than boring student food, not to mix ANY drinks - stick to one drink only!! how to reduce the risks of a hangover (food before bed - preferably a greasy pizza!) and learning things about myself too.

Although 2013 has been a challenging year - and for the first time ever I was faced with some situations I'd never been in before - I've learnt one thing. Life is too short to please other people. So you might as well do what you want anyway, nobody thanks you for your selflessness in the end.

Happy new year to all, I hope 2014 is just as good as this year! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment