Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

2 weeks left and 2 deadlines to meet.. panic has hit.

Two weeks are left until Semester 1 is over. I have two assignments left to complete, and thank god. My list is slowly becoming more manageable and portfolios and essays are dwindling by the day.

It really is true what they say - you can't have all three things at uni : a social life, sleep and get good grades. You normally have to choose just two. For me, from October onwards, it's been sleep and good grades (hopefully!) Or I should correct it to sleep and endless hours of working.

I haven't been out for 6 whole Mondays and I am dying to go out!! I nearly caved and went out tonight, but my international journalism essay on South Africa beckons and I am nowhere near completion.The deadline is Friday, so you'd think I'd have more haste about me. But no, here I sit, writing blog posts again. In fairness, I have earned a break after tackling another 13 pointless law seminar questions that nobody bothers turning up to anymore. And those that do don't answer the questions anyway.

Although I am excited to go home for Christmas break and have three wonderful weeks of doing sweet fa, I certainly will miss uni. I was going to offer to do some overtime at work, but I feel like I've done that much overtime on my assignments that I deserve a long rest. Hopefully.

Looking back on Semester 1 now as it draws to a close, I can't say It's been all that bad, but not all that good either. There's been ups and certainly downs, but it's all part and parcel of this brilliant thing called uni life. Although there have been times I've wanted to go running home to my mum and bury my head in the sand and ignore what's going on, I've realised that people are going to judge you no matter what you do. So if you're doing something you enjoy doing, forget about everyone else.

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment