Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Why second year is kicking my ass.

With just over three weeks left until Semester one of year 2 is over, I can well and truly say I don't know where time has gone.

I've spent most of second year worrying, worrying, worrying so far about how other people feel rather than how I feel, and certain relationships have suffered from that selfless state. Although it certainly would have been easier to take a step back and think about what I wanted rather than what other people wanted, I fear the outcome might have been the same. If there is one thing I will try and not do in 2014, that is to worry about other people. In the nicest way possible, I need stop always thinking of others and be selfish.

If there's one thing I don't get, it's immaturity at 19 and 20 years old. It's fine to have fun with friends and be immature and silly some of the time, but when it's taken to the next level and your immaturity is hurting someone elses feelings, that's when it's time to reassess what exactly it is you are doing.

Some people will never adopt the selfless state that I have and think of others. Instead it will always be me me me, I I I, self self self. Unfortunately, these people are not the type I like to associate with, and the sooner I realise this and stop worrying about them, the better.

Immature girls aside, deadlines are pouring out of my ears and my days are either spent in lectures, editing the student newspaper or worrying about the amount of work I have to do, rather than sitting down and actually getting on with it. Nights out have taken a back seat this month, and I'm not complaining. I haven't been on a night out for over a month now, and it actually feels so good to wake up hangover free every Tuesday. I dare say that when all my assignments are handed in, I'll be out again on Mondays and missing productive Tuesdays. Instead, I'll be wallowing in a bed of hungover self pity, convincing myself that next week I'll stay in.

However, if there is one less worry that I have playing on my mind, it is christmas shopping. I have officially started my christmas shopping and thank the lord for that. With just under one month to go until the big day, I feel that for once in my life, an abundance of shopping may just in fact, be acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment